It is time to go... another one of those mornings. I ironed a pink polka-dotted shirt and dirty pink leggings for Reagan. She had that look in her eye, I knew she was going to tuck in that tunic-type shirt the minute I rolled the elastic waist on the leggings underneath her buddha belly. I used my dramatic voice "Darling, we dont tuck our shirts in leggings. Shirts are meant to cover our bottom when we wear leggings."
Reagan: "This is NOT FASHION! You are wearing fashion." Pink dress
Me: "I would much rather wear leggings and a tshirt. "
Reagan"Well if you're wearing fashion I want fashion."
Me: "Reagan, what is fashion?"
Reagan: "It's jean jackets and jeans."
Me: "Hmmm, and who wears fashion?"
Reagan: "Tierra wears jeans and jean jackets."
Me:" Fashion is how you carry yourself not what you wear." I demonstrated with an exaggerated hip swing walk. "Reagan, you are fashion. You set your own rules. It is not what your friends wear."
Reagan: "Well I want fashion. This is stupid. Stupid dots."
Me: " If you dont get out of the bathroom and I dont get to work on time, there will be no fashion. You will be wearing old clothes that dont fit because I wont be able to buy you anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I need to think about it and try another approach. Mother friends, send your ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Have you tried letting her pick her own clothes? My mom always let me pick my outfit the night before. I plan on doing that with my 15 mo. old. She already picks her clothes out when we are shopping. Cute blog! I'm Michelle, from momscharlotte.com and saw your link. Hi!
I tried leaving a comment and it didn't show up. So not sure what happened. Have you tried letting her pick out her outfit before she goes to bed? I already let my 15 mo. old pick out her clothes when we are shopping. She tells me "no" or "cute" and grabs it. I'm Michelle from momscharlotte.com saw your link. Hi!
Thanks. I have tried. I just cant let her go to school with a too small shirt where her belly hangs out. I moderate comments before they come in due to spammers.
Post a Comment