Sunday, May 4, 2008

The "Date"


The love and Becky moving Josh's arm from around Reagan
The lovebirds getting kicks off of sweet tea
Josh showing me chewed up red tortilla chips
Reagan, trying to show who's boss
Whoaaaaaa, Becky had to run interference after this one
No my eyes are not black, just have hellatious red eye

Date night for Josh and Reagan. We were late. I was putting on my makeup and Reagan started calling for me from the kitchen. I had just gone through the the litany of phrases "Are your teeth brushed, used the potty, hair bow in, ready?" "Come Here.." she asked??? And to what do my wondering eyes do appear but a puddle of pee and little eyes full of fear. Went blank, then grabbed the paper towels and started wiping. Removed the hooker heels and washed them in the sink. Sent Reagan upstairs for another skirt and shoes. We were supposed to be at the restaurant already.
Reagan was full out. She was ON. Wild. They were happy to see each other. I think they are very cute. It is healthy for Reagan to have a friend who is a boy. She is learning relationship dynamics early. Sean's love gives her confidence. My loves just suffocates her. Nah, I am just the protector, the worrier, the doctor, the shrink, the teacher, the fashion stylist, the chauffeur, the mind reader, the event coordinator..... Part of being a mom.
Fun times. Josh's parents are great people. We had fun with them. Ok, need to focus now. I did nothing all day today. Nothing and Sean can attest to that. I just did not want to go anywhere even though we are low on toilet paper. I always have toilet paper, paper towels, Tide, Downy... I may not have any food but I have the others.

No comments: