Monday, April 14, 2008

Flashback, Flash Forward, Now











The Wedding Shower for Tanya and Brian was this weekend. It went rather well. I was a little concerned about flashbacks since some on the guest list were people from my past. I had a zit on my cheek that I could not cover. I had tanned a few times (which I had stopped doing years ago) to get a little color for the pink dress I was wearing. I think the tanning made my skin break out. So, Sean, Reagan, me, my zit, and my other personality loaded up to go to the shower. My other personality hits the second I drink anything alcoholic. You have to understand that I am really uptight. No matter how funny and cute (ha ha) you think I am, I am super uptight. So zit on my cheek and other personality on my shoulder, I had a talk with myself before the shower. You will not drink too much...... you will not make a fool of yourself. You are a smart and semi-classy lady. Because alcohol tends to take its time with me, I goof and it all hits at once when it is too late.


What was important was that the guests of honor enjoyed their party. They did so we, the hostesses, succeeded. But there were all these people from my past. Luckily, we all have grown up so the past is just that. I met my long ago ex-boyfriend's wife. I hope I did not frighten her with my usual degree of familiarity. I do not mean any harm but I am not a "small talker." I do not need to know the intricate details of your life but I do like substance in a conversation. I dont talk weather, politics, or religion. or sports. Never sports. I guess I talk more about human nature and the way we all interact with each other. Tanya and I analyze behavior. Not really a waste of time... if you can analyze correctly, you know where you stand with others. And whether you want those people in your life. As Hannah Montana sings "Life's what you make it so lets make it rock."

So, the party. Great people, great fun. I cannot wear my heart on my sleeve for this one because the emotions I felt were conflicting and I still have not sorted them out. Old friends and all; the ones I have lost touch with (bad grammar, I know). You can still love them but realize life is not like the younger days when the phone was stuck to you ear with these girls. Each of my friends are unique. I miss them alot. I am proud of how we all turned out. And the memories are priceless. Jill, Gingi, Brooke, Amy (Tanya of course)..... you have all brought back the good memories.

I will post a picture of my old boyfriend's wife with Reagan soon. It is precious. You can tell by her body language that she is an incredible mother... to listen to my Reagan ramble about who knows what (goosebumps, jesus and the cross, pledge of allegiance, her boyfriend...)

signing off. Need to find some humor.

No comments: