If you did not guess from the blog title, we had another battle with the enema. I gave Reagan ten days to go potty on her own. Today, Daddy brought home the enema (Target and HT neither had children enemas.. or I would have tackled it sooner).
So Reagan is crying and Sean thinks she is being dramatic... but I know better. I know that look of absolute horror on her little "mini-me Sean" face. I understand her fear. My mom used to slip me laxatives when I was 10 or so and I didnt have a clue what was going on.
BUT, Reagan was so brave. Sean tried to keep her on the toilet but I was already running down the stairs for the Goodnight pullup. I knew that poop monster was not coming out in the toilet. I was prepared with the wipes and a towel to cover the floor. So within five minutes, with a look of pure determination, Reagan pushed with all she had and told me how brave she was being... little voice just a quivering. And then I did the honors of wiping up the mess. If I have any meaning in my life, anything accomplished over the weekend, it was this. I helped my baby rid her body of nasty toxins.
For my friends without children, forgive me. You really have to have one to appreciate the value of the story and overlook how gross it is. Maybe you did something really fun over the weekend.... went out of town, bought new clothes, had a pedicure, went to the gym.... you get my drift? This was my one moment where I felt like I was a hero. The object of my heroism is out riding her bike with her daddy; a bike ride that we promised her while trying to work the enema.
I really have to hurry now. Sean has been cleaning all day so I need to look as if I cleaned while they have been gone. I am jamming to High School Musical 2. There is a song called "Fabulous" where Sharpay says "Read my lips" and Reagan keeps singing "Read my Hips." Now that really scares me. I have explained that no one (my goodness, NOT YET) can read her hips, LIPS dear. Save the hips for another lifetime where I am too old too understand.
Hope everyone had a safe Holiday. Until next time.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment