Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Never-Ending Birthday Party

I knew it was coming and I was pretty much prepared. Two birthday parties on the same day. Last year, the same thing happened with the same two birthday girls but the parties were at the same time and I had to choose. This year, the parties were from 10-12 and then from 2-4. I could make them both and I HAD to. Brenna's party was the Pony party at Latta Plantation from 10-12 and of course were going. She and Reagan have been in the same class at Woodlawn Baptist since they were in the Toddler Room. Maya'a party was the Princess dress up party at 2. She had been in Reagan's class for about a year and then switched to Pre-K public school. Reagan misses her alot so we had to make that party. I had only recently found out about Maya's party. So I inquired about a gift. Gift card from Borders, Club Libby something, or Build a Bear. I could handle Borders. I had to get the card by Saturday. Drove to Borders Thursday night and there was a line wrapped around outside to get it. I do not have a clue what was happening there but it was obvious we were not getting in for the gift card.

Googled Borders and saw that they open at 9am on Saturdays. I broke out in a sweat. I was cutting it close. Could I get into Borders at 9am, purchase the gift card and make it to Latta by 10am? I made it to Latta by 9:50!!!!! I found a prime parking spot beside a 10 foot pile of hay and horse poop. Only little problem was Reagan dressed herself and put on too small underwear. I had packed an extra outfit in case I needed a back up but even I packed too small underwear. They make them really small..........So she grabbed herself all day. But most little girls do at this age. The cotton in underwear must be funky.

Brenna's party was great. Maya's party was great. But we were very tired by the time we got home. What a long day.

No comments: