Tuesday, September 25, 2007

MAN LIKE BIG TV -RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR




Here is Sean for once getting to watch his HD plasma TV. Whatever all that means. Usually this TV is tuned into Boomerang or Disney Channel. Somebody gets her way alot and that is not me. The curtains arrived from JC Penney for that one little window to the right of Sean. I am not sure how they will turn out. Took me 18 months to decide on something. I am very funny when it comes to my home environment decoration. Sean and I have the worst time compromising on picture height. He is of the school that the higher, the better. No... there are boundaries... everything has to flow. Not too high, not too low. I still think the frame needs to be removed around the TV or he needs to fill in the unpainted portion. Just looks silly. I love our house but it is going to take me years to decorate completely. We have five freaking bedrooms and I am not filling them up with children. I doubt my mothering skills now.
Subject change..... somehow Reagan is learning to pray alot. I like prayer. Good for her. But she is not learning the right way to pray. here is Reagan " Dear Jesus, please let it rain so we can have water and I can wash Mommy's car with the hose."
I correct her, No honey, pray for the grass and the crops that all the farmers are losing. Like I am any prayer role model, but I try.
THEN she hits me up with "Why dont you take me to church? All my friends go." I KNOW I pulled this on my mother and she sent me with my cousin's Grandmother's 7th Day Adventist Church. I was never comfortable. Ever. Even at weddings. I am not comfortable in a church. That does not mean that I am the spawn of Satan. I just do not know what it means. I have been to houses where people are super religious and have vivid depictions of Jesus on the Cross in color as artwork. And this was when I was a little girl. I think it scared me.
I love God, Jesus and all those angels who have been looking out for my little self-destructive backside. Churches smell funny and the seats are not comfortable. And I just feel like a fraud. I have my own relationship with God and when I think Reagan is ready, I will suck it up and take her to church. But what do all these religions mean????????????????? I bombed Religious history in college. Give me a Statistic class anyday.

No comments: