Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Little Romantic

Had to stop the Radio at Matchbox 20 this morning. Reagan liked the song "If You're Gone." She listened to it and said "That song makes me think of running and holding hands with Carson." Carson is a boy in her class. Please NOT YET. Do not think of boys that way...........She is already reacting to their comments about her clothes. Boys at this age think girls are silly. So I know she is asking them if she looks pretty. Of course they cannot say yes. They are BOYS. I told her to show them the hand and say "Talk to the hand." I have to start setting up her protective barriers. I cannot let her self esteem be determined by a bunch of 4 year old boys. I will have to have a talk with Sean about his part in building her confidence as a girl. Lord knows I didn't have it. Just don't want her to end up like me. Insecure. Because my girl is something else!!!!!

No comments: