




I dont really know yet. But if you do, you know by now I have an off sense of humor. I am not Betty Crocker. I cannot keep a clean house and sometimes I forget what day it is. I rarely eat out of the proper food groups and lately I have been sleeping through the alarm. I change subjects at random times and have never been able to stay on topic. I hate talking about religion and politics but I believe in God and I am conservative.
I can balance a bank account to the penny. I can balance general ledger accounts to the penny and tackle if then statements like nobody's business.
I, like all mothers, think my child is the best. For some reason, many of us think our children are geniuses. I know Reagan is above the Pre-K level. Her teachers have indicated as such. I know I have a gifted child but that does not mean she has common sense. Reagan is very intelligent, full of really good questions and is always thinking. I am so proud of her.
Now, when she is in Walmart and tries to stick her arm in the blood pressure monitor when I have told her REPEATEDLY not to, I start to doubt her hearing and sense. BUT, those of us as parents have to remember that although our children are smart, they are also curious. I am speaking from experience. Mom found out I was smart child, ahead of my peers (she was worried I was slow) but that did not stop me from playing with matches or chopping off my hair around 5.
Who is even reading this? I am talking about nothing. This may be my last week wearing brackets. That will be nice to have them off. I am still glad I chopped my hair. It was no longer becoming. I need new fall clothes but I believe I am yo-yoing in the weight area as usual. Mom and I have always been like yo-yo's. All that means is that we eat crazy when we have the compulsion to do so. And then we get to tell ourselves how bad we are.
I can balance a bank account to the penny. I can balance general ledger accounts to the penny and tackle if then statements like nobody's business.
I, like all mothers, think my child is the best. For some reason, many of us think our children are geniuses. I know Reagan is above the Pre-K level. Her teachers have indicated as such. I know I have a gifted child but that does not mean she has common sense. Reagan is very intelligent, full of really good questions and is always thinking. I am so proud of her.
Now, when she is in Walmart and tries to stick her arm in the blood pressure monitor when I have told her REPEATEDLY not to, I start to doubt her hearing and sense. BUT, those of us as parents have to remember that although our children are smart, they are also curious. I am speaking from experience. Mom found out I was smart child, ahead of my peers (she was worried I was slow) but that did not stop me from playing with matches or chopping off my hair around 5.
Who is even reading this? I am talking about nothing. This may be my last week wearing brackets. That will be nice to have them off. I am still glad I chopped my hair. It was no longer becoming. I need new fall clothes but I believe I am yo-yoing in the weight area as usual. Mom and I have always been like yo-yo's. All that means is that we eat crazy when we have the compulsion to do so. And then we get to tell ourselves how bad we are.
Since no one is reading, I will keep writing. I email occasionally with Jeremy, half brother mentioned in an older post. I am not even sure if I talked to him the last time I saw him. I went through this very long awkward stage where I could not even look a boy in the eye or even talk to him. I am not sure why. I think I was only insecure. Even when I had a boyfriend in high school, I was nervous to talk to him. As a woman, once you know who you are and are comfortable with that, I think you could talk to anyone.
I introduced myself to Dean Smith at a Chapel Hill gas station. I babysat his granddaughter, Morgan, at Univ Bapt Church in Chapel Hill. I was not nervous to talk to him because I knew we had a vested interest in his granddaughter. She looked just like him but with blond hair. I met many UNC basketball players throughout my years there. They are just people. As are celebrities. I do not count anyone higher than the next person. We all want to be happy and live our lives. Therefore I do not idolize. I will see these people in Heaven and God does not care if they had a #1 movie.
4 comments:
I read your blog, Denise, and I love you. Who is Dean Smith?
Dean Smith was only the greatest basketball coach ever. Coached UNC Tarheels.
Oh yeah, Dean Smith :)
I may not be consistant in reading but I make a point to catch up on your blogs. No need to idiolize the "famous"- never know the inner issues. Look at Britney. :) We had fun at that concert, didn't we? BFF
Post a Comment