Monday, November 26, 2007

Inside the Mind of a Modern Mom

I have had many other mothers ask me in a very hushed voice, "Do you spank your child?" It is so funny in this day that spanking is so taboo. (A taboo is a strong social prohibition (or ban) against words, objects, actions, discussions, or people that are considered undesirable or offensive by a group, culture, or society. Breaking a taboo is usually considered objectionable or abhorrent. Some taboo activities or customs are prohibited by law and transgressions may lead to severe penalties. Other taboos result in embarrassment, shame and rudeness.) Sorry added that from Wilkepedia because I thought I was using the word correctly but was not sure.

Anyway, my answer is (and I always preface it with the same thing so that I dont seem unusually cruel) : "Well, we really try not to (ha!), but if we cannot get any other discipline to work, we may pop her." I dont remember getting spankings, I remember getting thumped in the face, but I was a TEENAGER!!! Spankings, shoot, mom and I threw tennis balls and shoes at each other. I had a heel stuck in the wall. Guess good old daddy Jack had to spackle that sucker up.

So, yes, I pop Reagan on the hand if she cannot keep her hands to herself. She has this annoying habit of grabbing my boobs (payback is Hell hon, wait until I take you shopping for your first TRAINING bra, I am going to have them announce on the PA "Do we have any 32 AAAA super small training bras in stock? We have a customer up front who needs one.") I remember being so embarrassed when my mom and I went shopping for bras. I did not need one so I felt like I was holding a sign that read "FLAT CHESTED FRAUD." I got some itchy thing and ended up stuffing it with three jumbo cotton balls. I think this was in 5th grade. But I recall regressing and not wearing a bra in 6th grade. I was very petite. Then.

Back to the point. Yes, I spank. Open palm, never ever a belt and never will. That is just wrong. It does not work either.

My camera broke thus no pictures. I have a new one but I dont have any good pictures yet. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I am sure I will come up with something funny eventually. Kinda out of the groove at the moment. Ta Ta for now.

No comments: