On the way to Rock Hill
At the parent's house
Yes, I had terrible red eye in this an all you can see are evil black orbs as my eyeballs.
Mom, trying to smother, I mean, hug Jack.
Jack trying to ignore the camera.
Jack, trying to play it cool as The Outback Staff comes over to sing Happy Birthday (like he didnt know it was coming... we have this down pat for at least three years running.)
Reagan eating ice cream that our server, Jennifer, let her help make back in the kitchen by saying the magic word "DINGO."Rock Hill is a busy and crowded city. Getting to the Outback was like driving on the Autobahn. I tried the "call ahead seating" option for Outback. I asked the young man if the location was near Celanese Rd... He replied in a "what a dumb ass tone:" "What, MA'AM, are we near Shoneys???" NOOO, I replied, are you near Celanese Rd. Yes, ok. Well, I want to do call ahead seating, party of 5, 1 child included and a 60th birthday event. PHONE GUY: "Ma'am you do know what call ahead seating means"." I cut him off,"Yes it puts us on the bottom of the list but does not guarantee seating, correct? (I did not take one breath as I said this in my superior "I know more than you think" voice). He answered that was correct and blah blah.
We all hit the bar, Lush Little Reagan ordered a Shirley Temple. We were seated within 10 or so minutes. Damn Blooming Onion again. I hate those things. Nasty slimy onions. Dinner was fine. Reagan wanted to lay in the booth and sleep and not eat her dinner so she could save room for dessert. Anyway it all went well. While the men smoked, Reagan entertained Nanna Barb, my mom with a repertoire of songs ranging from Christmas, Christian, to Pop (High School Musical). Mom said she felt she could not look away because Reagan looked her directly in her eyes and all but dared her to try to look elsewhere. Reagan also belted out the Ten Commandments in a tone that would awe even Moses himself. "NO BIBLES," (I prompted, hon, I think you mean No other Idols).. Oh yeah, Reagan giggled. NO OTHER GOD, NO ADULTERY, NO MURDER...(We started getting slanted side of the eye glances from the other patrons decked out in Sports team attire. ) I cannot remember if she finished. Mom loved it.
Last note, Sean bought Reagan The High School Musical wall calendar and Reagan told him that Troy was "dreamy."
No comments:
Post a Comment