Thursday, November 8, 2007

Walmart and Tantrums


I had to get an rx filled. They told me it would be ready Thursday. Wouldnt you know it, the manufacturer pulled it and there is no substitute. No one called me. Nothing. Nada. Reagan was crying and stomping and shuffling around the blood pressure monitor machine yelling about wanting to eat Subway and I was waiting for the dr to call the pharmacy back with an alternative. We waited 25 MINUTES. In that time, Reagan tried to sneak back in the pharmacy area. She stood on a bench, knocked on the window, and waved to the pharmacy manager through the partition as he was working. She told the girl at the register her earrings were really big. They were huge gold hoops. She told her that she was going to her Grandma who lives in Greenville's house in two weeks. She went through the reading glasses again. She jumped up and down up and down off the bench. She ran around the aisles while I threatened with anything I could think of. She asked some boy around 3 what he was looking at. Guess he looked at her wrong. The entire adventure sucked. I had hope to pick up a few pair of sweatpants for her and get home before it got too dark. I cannot see well at night to drive.




When I picked up Reagan from school, I was shocked to see her in jeans. Shocked, I tell you. She peed in her pants and I did not have warm clothes in her cubby. Only summer clothes. She does not have enough back up clothes for the cubby. Her teacher had to borrow from an older room. Arizona jeans in a size 6. They looked cute.




SO- after getting an alternative rx, marshmallows (bribe), cherries (bribe), and choc covered donuts (bribe), we were headed home.




The best part of the day was the package on the front porch. Wonderful Grandma sent a winter coat and two outfits, one of which can go in the cubby for pee-in-the-pants days. I will take pictures later and post them for Paulette. The purple shirt is beautiful on her. The pants, well you know, we have to roll them under the belly. Reagan said she wished God did not make such big waists!!!!! I cringed a little. I dont want her to have a complex.

Here is the coat. They also have a cute faux leather with cheetah print.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds hellish, but what can you do? Bribe away, mama friend. Hopefully your next outing goes more smoothly. At least it ended on a high note with the gifts from Grandma.

Denise said...

I can only laugh later.