Wednesday, December 12, 2007

If You Cannot Laugh at Yourself..........




There I was. It was 8:18 am. I had to be at the dentist at 8:30. No problem, only a 6 minute drive if I stay out of the left lane for people taking lefts on 3rd street as it turns into Providence... But first, I have to beat the light at Cedar and E Morehead. Look, I am behind a school bus. The kids are waving and gesturing (were they throwing GANG signs at me???). I wave back and motion to them that they should sit down in their seats. Surely the light is getting ready to change and the bus will be in motion. The kids are still waving and gesturing. I start throwing the peace sign and the L sign (loser sign, maybe they think it is a V for victory or maybe they think it is a pretty bird...) . One girl rolls her eyes. Yeah, I know, I am an old fart. How cool am I, I think, I am waving to kids on a bus? CLICK, light bulb goes off, ding ding. I get it now. They are waving me AROUND the bus. The hazard lights are flashing and the bus is broken down, not going anywhere. Instead of feeling like an idiot, I laugh. It is funny. Then I go around the school bus (still waving and signing) and I am on my way. Poor things werent throwing me gang signs, hmmm, or were they? Ha ha.

No comments: