Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Recycling Bin, Spelling Bee, and other Nonsense


It is Tuesday, trash pick up day. EVERY Tuesday, Sean says, "Hon, don't run over the recycling bin when you back out of the driveway."

Do I have IDIOT written on my forehead? I don't even back up in that direction, if anything he needs to be telling me to watch out for the mailbox. Or the grass... but that is a given. Next week, I am running over the recycling bin.

Sean says he won his 3rd grade spelling bee. I called his mother... I want proof, I want the badge. I intentionally misspelled a word in the 7th grade prelim spelling bee so I would not have to be in the spelling bee in front of the entire school. I was very shy. But I could spell very well. Sean thinks he is a better speller. I have read his emails and have seen some misspelled words. I know he is very intelligent, but we may just have to have a Spelling Bee in the Murphy household. Reagan is out because she gets her letters backwards..... but I will give her a break, she is only 4.

Reagan knows Mommy is the better speller. Little Mini-Sean-Spawn always takes up for me. Subject CHANGE. She was so cute this morning. I let her wear a denim jacket Paulette bought for her last year with a pink skirt and barbie shoes. She thought she was Barbie. She was preening and asked her daddy if she looked like Barbie and he said "Barbie who?." Wrong answer but we will get him trained in the art of female speak. Right answer would have been "yes you do look just like Barbie."

I need to write a blog I missed on the 13th for Aunt Janet's birthday. I just have not uploaded any of the pictures from the camera yet. Maybe tonight. Last night, we went to the LIBRARY. Reagan was an 8 on the well behaved scale.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

On top of not being able to back out of the driveway straight (which is why our neighbors also have her tire marks in their grass) my wife has a hard time admitting when she is wrong. After 6 years I will just continue to allow her to think that.

Denise said...

ha> Sean cannot admit when he is wrong. Steve Perry sang Oh Sherry and you still cant admit it!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Steve Perry - Oh Sherry...when did this conversation come up? I know who sings this song.

Denise said...

We had this conversation in my car on Park Rd in December 2000.

Anonymous said...

We had only been dating a week, at that time I was intentionally letting you think you were right :-)

Denise said...

Wrong Mr Murphy. We had been dating a month. Not a week