Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Caller ID at work and the dreaded call from.....

Daycare. The teachers all call you Mom- guess that is easier than knowing your name. So here it is "Mom, Reagan is not feeling so well. She did not eat again today and she is just laying around."

Me: (Silence... what do I say??? It is month end and I am in the middle of closing entries and getting everything ready for financial statements) "Ummm, does she have a fever?"

Teacher: " No but I thought I would call you and let you know she is not feeling well."

Me: (Silence... um does that mean I can leave her there??) "Ok, well let her take her nap and call me if she gets worse."

So we hang up the phone and I have visions of her poor little tonsils swelling even more while she sleeps and her breathing stopping. I talk this over with some coworkers and we all agree that shouldn't happen. I call her nurse and schedule an appointment. Then I sweat through 2 1/2 hours of work until I leave to pick her up daycare and take her to the doctor.

So she basically has a cold, no Strep, no ear infection. That is good. I guess I will drop her off at school again tomorrow and watch when the phone rings at work and cross my fingers that it is not daycare.

What do you feed a sick child? I fed her a popsicle. WELL she would not eat anything hot so that ruled out toast and soup. I only had Banana flavored Shrek yogurts left and she wanted Strawberry. You know? I was working and I think I remember her little voice asking for toast too. Ooops, guess I forgot. Here she comes......too funny... she just came in asking for that toast. I better get up and get it ready.

Here is to my fun and exciting life.

No comments: