Tuesday, January 15, 2008

QUICK, Before I have a Mood Swing

I have to hurry before, Karen (pronounced southern KAYREEEEN), my alter ego takes over. She is not too nice. I have yet to download pictures from last Friday night engagement gathering at Dixie's. Hell did not freeze over. I made it in the door. My photo was not plastered on the KEEP OUT board. How times change. Sean and I twiddled our thumbs until the party arrived. I sent him on many trips to the bartender to refill my flat Diet-Pepsi. He was embarrassed to be ordering diet drinks instead of Big Man beer. Well, what the pregnant wife wants, wife gets. To a degree. I checked my watch about 15-25 times. Ok, ok, we have to leave by such and such time so that Charee can get to sleep... she has two of her own add Reagan and boy do I feel guilty.
Funny thing was we were not the only "party" that night. Three were going on at the same time. A birthday, ours- the Tanya and Brian engagement, and a Young Socials (aka desperate singles society) party. When all the engagement party finally arrived, you could see the Young Socials eyes light up. FINALLY, this was the night they dreamed of. All these beautiful blondes show up and the socials think they are there to mingle with the single society. Sorry boys.... all are married, pregnant, or engaged.
Anyway, we got in all the conversations we could at a bar with a band playing and smoke drifting through our noses, hair, clothes, teeth. Ok so I am a non-smoker and it shows. Great to see old friends. Fun times. But clock struck 9:20 and we had to go.
I expected Reagan to be laying down watching TV when we stopped to pick her up. I looked through the window pane I saw a brown-headed Blue Sequined Mermaid flittering through the house. Hmm. Reagan was nowhere near sleeping. We packed her stuff that she had to take with her and loaded up and went home. The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up...Dixie at Dixie's once again...it has come full circle.

Anonymous said...

Denise,

I want you to know that my heart sank from your email today. My love goes out to you and your family.

Brooke